About the programairWG offers a fantastic opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative artist-led space in the city of Amsterdam, providing time and space to develop, test and show your work and ideas.
Featuring a light and spacious studio apartment the program is open to visual artists, performance artists, designers, researchers and writers for a period of three months.
Participants are provided with a private studio and living space of 70m2 situated on the ground floor of Pavilion 18, which houses a community of artists. At the close of the residency period, the resident is invited to present the outcome of their residency in an exhibition or presentation at the puntWG Gallery an interdisciplinary exhibition space situated in the same complex.
The complex is located on the corner of Eerste Helmersstraat and Marius van Bouwdijk Bastiaansestraat, near the Vondelpark and the Museum Quarter, with good public transport and many shops and restaurants around the corner.
LanguageDutch / English / Spanish
Nominated by partner organizations
Studio informationIlluminated space, double height, suitable for different practices of medium and small format.
What the AiR provides
- Rent (Suported by Mondrian Fonds/Open Calls)
- A work-budget of 350 euro
- Utilities (incl. electricity, heating, water, & Wi-Fi)
- Opportunity to host an exhibition/event in our puntWG gallery
- Invitations and other marketing for your exhibition
- Introduction to the Amsterdam art world
- 24/7 access to the studio
- Fully equipped kitchen, living room, bathroom & studio (please note this is a no smoking space)
- A museum card, which gives you free entrance to most of the museums in the Netherlands, inclusive Amsterdam
What the Artist pays
- Travel expenses
- Living expenses
- Most material costs
- Health insurance and other insurances
Visa, health insurance and personal insurance is the responsibility of the artist.
The results of the residency should be documented in some ways and be available in digital form to be included on the airWG website.
For artists duos, or artists nominated by partner organizations, a different rate applies. Please contact us for more details.
How to applyOpen Call
ContactAddress: Marius van Bouwdijk Bastiaansestraat 37, 1054 RS Amsterdam, Netherlands
Website: airWG / Facebook
* If you see an error or omission on this page, please let us know by e-mail.