- COUNTRY：Czech Republic
About the programMeetFactory is a non-profit international center for contemporary art founded in 2001 by the artist David Černý. In the wake of the destructive floods of 2002, MeetFactory was forced to evacuate its previous premises in Holešovice. The project was resurrected three years later in an industrial building in Prague’s quarter Smíchov, in a unique space squeezed between a motorway and an active railroad. The program of MeetFactory consists in four dramaturgic departments – music, theatre, gallery and the artist-in-residence program.
The international Artist-in-Residence program is the largest studio program in the Czech Republic. MeetFactory facilitates fifteen studios, which annually host over thirty visual artists, curators, musicians, theatre directors or writers. We foster the involvement of our artists in residence not only within the programming of MeetFactory, but also in the context of the Czech and Central European art scenes.
LocationMeetFactory is situated on the southern edge of the wider center of Prague, in Prague’s quarter Smíchov. MeetFactory is easily accessible by public transport.
Duration1 to 6 months
Accommodation informationMeetFactory is renting two apartments in a close proximity to the building which can be shared by the in-coming artists. Both apartments are reachable by public transport 24 hours per day. We also own 3 separate apartments which are located in a building adjacent to MeetFactory.
What the AiR provides
- Studio space
- Per diems 500 EUR/month
- Production budget for Open studios up to 200 EUR
- Media and PR support through the MeetFactory channels and social media Management of the project and curatorial support
- There are also some bilateral agreements with e. g. the USA, France, Germany, the Netherlands and the Visegrad fund which can support the artist’s residence.
- In case of financially demanding projects, artists or curators are recommended to seek for individual grant support.
What the Artist paysArtists in residence are responsible for all other expenses – material, travel a transport costs, meals&IE.
How to applySign in for a newsletter where MeetFactory regularly publishes open calls.
OutcomeArtists are required to participate in Open studios, which AiR MeetFactory organizes 5 times a year.
ContactAddress: Ke Sklárne 15, MeetFactory o.p.s. 150 00 Praha, Czech Republic
Tel: +420 251 551 796
Website: MeetFactory / Facebook / Twitter / Instagram
* If you see an error or omission on this page, please let us know by e-mail.