About the programYATOO International Artist in Residence Program, operated by the Korean Artists’ Association-YATOO, provides an environment in which artists are able to concentrate on their artwork while surrounded by beautiful, tranquil nature in order for artists from all over the world to mutually interact and exchange artstic views.
Artists participating in this residency program may encounter the world of nature art created by the artists – the members of YATOO – who have been working in nature and have an opportunity to exhibit and exchange their insights with a new artistic study based on different views about nature.
As the ecosystem deteriorates because of environmental destruction, this residency program hopes to find a way to develop new nature art aesthetics to create co-existing harmony between humans and nature.
LocationThe YATOO International Residence is located in a small village of countryside in Gongju, Korea.
LanguageKorean / English
EligibilityArtists who are active in nature or interested in nature art
Duration1 to 3 months
DeadlineSome period in March (It is changable depending on circumstances, please visit the website.)
Accommodation informationBedrooms (individual/double), Exhibition Area, Working Area, Multi-purpose Space, Kitchen and Bathroom, Garden
Studio informationindoor/outdoor studio
What the AiR provides
- Space support: Accommodation, Working area (studio), Exhibition space
- Activity support: Materials (partly), Exhibition PR, banner, leaflet, catalog
- Program support: – Opportunity to participate in YATOO Nature Art Workshop
- Artist support: Artist stipend
- Travel expenses (airfare)
– Opportunity to participate in educational programs and activities
– Possibility to be recommended to national or international exchange programs
What the Artist paysMeals, materials (partly), etc.
ContactAddress: 181 Wongolyesul-gil, Sinpung-myeon, Gongju-si, Chungcheongnam-do, 32525, Republic of Korea
Telephone: +82 (0)41-853-8828
Website: YATOO International Residence / Facebook / Facebook Page / Instagram
* If you see an error or omission on this page, please let us know by e-mail.